Washoe County's Rancho San Rafael Regional Park
Our Plan to Keep Audiences and Artists Safe
- 500 socially distanced seating 6’ X 6’ pods and all being 6’ apart from other pods on all sides, which can accommodate up to four people each. These pods will be clearly defined in a way which will not negatively impact the field or the watering thereof
- The venue will be fully secured and fully fenced within the park
- We have secured appropriate lighting from Granite Construction to light up the exits and parking areas after each performance
- A 40’ X 40’ stage will be brought in and installed for the entire month of July
- State of the arts Stage lights and sounds will be installed which includes a large LED video wall upstage which will increase visibility and enhance the experience
- Portable restrooms with hot/cold hand washing sinks will be available as will numerous hand sanitizing stations
- One trailer parked behind the stage will serve as the artist greenroom and the company which services the portable restrooms will also clean the greenroom restroom daily
- There is sufficient parking for the attendees in the park. There will also be a bicycle valet at select performances for those who wish to cycle to the event
- Professional security will be contracted to monitor inside and outside the venue, to facilitate parking and bathroom queues. There will be security 24 hours to guard tech equipment
- Artown is working closely with RTC to arrange transportation to ensure public access to the venue
- We will not sell any food to avoid unnecessary gatherings of attendees. We will partner with local restaurants to sell ‘grab and go’ picnics. Alcohol may be brought into the venue but not glass will be permitted.
- We will sell water, beer and wine which will be sold and monitored by Men Wielding Fire
- There will be no intermissions. The events will conclude by 9:30p.m.
- Artown will inform all the neighbors of the activity throughout the month
- All events that are typically admission free will have a nominal charge of $15 per 4-person pod. Free events sometimes create chaos as attendees scramble to secure their seats or places on the lawns. This admission fee will help us maintain order and calm and ensure the safety of our patrons. Our headline events will have pod prices that are in two tiers and higher in price.
Calendar of Events